Submission Program Login KORKorean
Submission
Program
Korean

Thank you very much for your participation at the 2023 UNICA KOREA International Film Festival.

Hoist
Director. Cho Kuk-hyung
Country. KoreaYear of production. 2022Running time. 29min 53

To make money, the “Hyun jae" heading to an apartment construction site surrounded by forests will not be able to get on the hoist (construction site lift) due to fear of heights and work up and down the stairs. While working, you receive news that you have passed the company's document screening. You have to call until a fixed time to verify your identity, but you will not be able to call due to busy construction work, and eventually you will be able to call only when you get on the b.us after work.

However, no matter how hard I searched, I couldn't see my cell phone, and now I get off the last bus to the city center and run toward the construction site. I don't have much time left. Eventually, he puts himself on the hoist…

Director

Cho Kuk-hyung
Born in 1985, graduated from Seoul Arts University's Acting Department. After working as a professional soldier, he entered Seoul Arts University's Acting Department at a later age and began his acting career. His desire to create emerged from his experiences on set as an actor. As he has not received formal training on film making, he started by practicing with his smartphone which ultimately led to his creation of “Hoist”. The film was screened at the 27th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival and the Korean Fantastic.

Credit